bigint implicit cast to bool breaks code

Paul D. Anderson nobody at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 16:10:54 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 at 22:57:20 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Paul D. Anderson:
>
>> Is there another way to make a mutable copy of a BigInt?
>
> For now don't make bigints constant. const=>mutable cast is not
> a good idea in general, in D.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

It's like the old joke: "Doc, it hurts when I do this." Doctor:
"Don't do that!"

I need both constant and mutable BigInts.

I don't want to convert a constant value to mutable, I just want
a mutable copy. The cast was just a way to make a mutable copy
but it's broken now.

Other types have a .dup property which returns a mutable copy,
but BigInt doesn't.

Paul