Runtime reflection idea

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu May 30 18:46:35 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 at 15:12:57 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I also want ModuleInfo to have an equivalent RTInfo member.
> Walter agreed at the conference that it was a good idea and
> should be done.  See bug report here:

oh man, I just had a realization: such could be (ab?)used to add
new language checks.

I'm playing with a bare metal D right now, and there's a few
rules I've determined to keep the memory situation sane,
including "don't use non-scoped, non-refcounted delegates".

An rtInfo type thing run over every module in the program could
actually use traits to find any function that breaks the rules
and throw a static assert error. It wouldn't just be a documented
warning anymore, it'd be like expanding the compiler's own
semantic checks.

That's kinda awesome.