Slow performance compared to C++, ideas?

finalpatch fengli at gmail.com
Thu May 30 19:31:07 PDT 2013

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried these flags. However,
DMD's codegen is lagging behind GCC and LLVM at the moment, so
even with these flags, the runtime is ~10x longer than the C++
version compiled with clang++ (2sec with DMD, 200ms with clang++
on a Core2 Mac Pro). I know this is comparing apples to oranges
though, that's why I was comparing GDC vs G++ and LDC vs Clang++.