Will I try again? and also C header files.

SeanVn evospice at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 00:18:36 PDT 2013

I looked at the D programming language a few years ago and though
it was good.  Then I ran into trouble.  The language was in a
state of flux.  I would write code and with the next version of D
it would no longer work.  The same thing was happening to people
who were writing tools such as IDE's for D and I guess most of
them just gave up.
That was then.
I hope now things have settled down. I will look at the language
for a couple of days.  I presume I now only have to look at D2
and Phobos and not the previous 4 way split of D1/D2/Phobos/Tango.
I have a specific engineering application I want to develop. I
want to pick a programming language that will give me the
cleanest and most maintainable code possible.  I want to use the
IUP GUI library.  That is a shared library that has C headers.  I
presume I will be able to call the dll functions easily in D2?
Maybe I will only have to make some minimal changes to the C
header files to get them to work with D2?