minifying the website

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri May 31 10:12:11 PDT 2013

Hello,

I've been looking through the logs and it looks like the top files in
bytes transferred yesterday (even with the deluge of downloads) were a
number of Javascript, HTML, and CSS files.

There are programs to reduce the size of such files called "minifiers".
Should we use some? If so, what would the experts recommend? We'd need
ideally some command line utility that we can deploy easily and
integrate with the build process. Alternatively, an online service could
fit the bill, too.

Thanks for your insights,

Andrei