hello world in D

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Fri May 31 10:21:39 PDT 2013

On Friday, 31 May 2013 at 16:52:53 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Friday, May 31, 2013 18:05:16 Rob T wrote:
>> I've seen this happen with 2.062, if you take out
>> -noboundscheck
>> it may reduce the size significantly and compile a lot faster.
>> Makes no sense.
>
> My first guess would be that more ends up being inlined with
> -noboundscheck due
> to the differences in the code that's being generated, but I
> really don't knw.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I discovered this last night while playing around with the
raytrace performance issue a few threads back. I noticed that
Derelict was being built without -noboundscheck so I put the flag
in to see what if anything would happen.

The difference is from a few kilobytes per lib to a few megabytes
per lib, so it's a drastic increase and it takes a lot more time
to build. This may be something that should be investigated
further.

--rt