Should we try and make some sort of schedule or todo-list for the next 2.064 release?

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri May 31 13:54:55 PDT 2013

On 05/31/2013 10:42 PM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> Some big features that come to mind, just off the top of my head (and
> these are language-oriented):

Redefine random number generators as reference types (monarch_dodra already did
a bunch of work in this direction).  This needs to be worked out and finalized,
possibly as a std.random2.

There are a number of bugs and potential pitfalls that arise from the current
situation of having RNGs as value types, which we already discussed in some
detail on the mailing lists.  It's been a while since I was looking at this -- I
meant to write a draft DIP on the issues around std.random but work and life got
in the way :-\  But I'll try and sketch something some time soon-ish.