D Programmer Jobs at Sociomantic Labs

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Nov 2 12:51:56 PDT 2013

On 11/1/13 10:37 AM, Marenz wrote:
> Hey D Programmers,
>
> so, we at Sociomantic Labs are once again (or still) looking for
> D-Developers in Berlin. And lots of them. Currently still D1, but the
> process to change to D2 is initiated.
>
> You can read more about it here:
>
> https://www.sociomantic.com/jobs/d-software-developer/#.UnPl4Xh385Y
>
> You can contact me anytime if you have specific questions. You can find
> me in the IRC #d channel as Marenz, M4renz or Suprano or you just send
> me an email.

Thanks, Mathias.

I've considered posting a similar message to this board, and this is as
good occasion as any. I should emphasize that pursuing a job that
requires or allows D is among the best things a member of our community
could to do to help the language.

1. Sponsors such as Sociomantic have sponsored DConf 2013 in large part
to further their recruitment interest. There is no better way to
motivate further event sponsorship than to show that past events
resulted in strong hiring.

2. At this point it helps to convert those in the community who only
work on D as a hobby outside work, to working full-time with D (and as a
consequence, to some extent at least, _on_ D).

As I made public recently, Facebook is investigating serious use of D,
and significant precedents have been already created. There would be no
better way to argue ramping up pursuit of D (including hosting of DConf
2014) than demonstrating that talented engineers are applying to
Facebook because it's offering such an opportunity. I am pretty sure
this is the case for other employers as well.

Andrei