State of OpenGL bindings

Dav1d d at dav1d.de
Mon Nov 4 02:38:05 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 06:31:42 UTC, Guilherme Vieira
wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> If I wanted to create an OpenGL project in D, what would be
> supported by
> current bindings? Are the bindings out-of-date compared to the
> C library
> versions or are they the same?
>
> Thank you.

You can also use "glad":

https://github.com/Dav1dde/glad

Supporting every OpenGL version/configuration you want.
Furthermore supporting complete WGL/EGL/GLX (if you want). All
you need is Python to generate your OpenGL  loader you want, or
you simply take the already generated ones:
https://github.com/Dav1dde/glad/tree/d

So far glad is used by myself, a few guys from #OpenGL (using the
C loader) and there are also a few D users.

Why glad over Derelict? Always up to date, 100% spec conform, not
so "fat", only generates what you need. E.g. I am using here a
glad loader
https://github.com/Dav1dde/BraLa/tree/master/src/d/glad/glad/gl
with a 4.4 OpenGL core profile with only the anisotropic
extension loaded.

There are a few things still on my todo: e.g. the open issue, or
lazy loading, or generating debug functions or lazy loading,
patches welcome ;).

- David