D Programmer Jobs at Sociomantic Labs

Bienlein jeti789 at web.de
Mon Nov 4 06:01:31 PST 2013

> Sociomantic team only half an year ago. Initially my motivation
> was mostly C++ frustration outrage but I was pleasantly
> surprised by work environment here, which is very open-minded
> and task-focused, something you don't expect considering all
> the Germany cliches :)

They learned this in the end from all the foreign spies in Berlin
... I started looking into D a bit mostly out of frustration with
Java staying put for years, too much dependency on XML, change
towards commodity programing, etc. Other JVM languages are either
loaded with too many incoherent features (Scala), only dynamic
add-on to Java (Groovy), not there yet (Kotlin), etc. D seems to
me the best choice (looked also at Go, Objective-C, Rust, C# and
others), but my impression is that you should have been doing
some serious C or C++ before. I wonder whether it's worth diving
into D without a serious background in C/C++. Will be fun at
home, but jobwise it won't count. Really a pitty. Maybe the best
is to wait for Kotlin. Don't know ... What do you think how much
C/C++ skills are beneficial?

-- Bienlein