State of OpenGL bindings

Dav1d d at dav1d.de
Mon Nov 4 06:23:36 PST 2013

On Monday, 4 November 2013 at 13:16:40 UTC, Kiith-Sa wrote:
> I never felt Derelict wasn't "up to date". Also, it provides
> you with bindings to other essential libraries (e.g. SDL2,
> SFML, OpenAL, Assimp, etc.). And it's been actively maintained
> since forever, unlikely to die in the forseeable future.

Derelict had some minor issues already because of manual
bindings. But I agree that's not really a problem. But the thing
I hate most about Derelict is, it loads everything dynamically,
even though in lots of cases dynamic loading is inferior to
static linking (eg glfw, glfw even recommends to link
statically). That is a bad habit especially for newbies who dont
even know better. Writing this from my phone now, otherwise I
could link a little rant about dynamic loading. When there is
interest, I will link it when I am at home.