D vs Go in real life

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 22:18:43 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 at 05:38:54 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> LOL. I doubt that someone who's that big a fan of Go would
> switch thanks to
> that (would you have switched to Go if the Go implementation
> had won?) -

Of course not, Go puts the types on the wrong side for me to
switch. Had a coworker mention to me that I should look into the
philosophy of Go amongst other points (not enough tech talk
around). After a little bit of discussion (mostly not around Go)
I let him know I was already aware of Go's philosophy and it
didn't match my desires. Citing my attempt at Sorting Time[1] as
an example. He agreed, lack of generics sucks.

1. http://he-the-great.livejournal.com/49072.html