D vs Go in real life

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Nov 6 06:05:24 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 10:53 +0100, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[…]
> I do know Scala, but my co-workers do not.
>
> When you work in large organizations, you are constrained to what
> everyone knows.

Or are willing to be trained in. The problem is not the status quo in
the organization, the problem is the intransigent inability to learn
that far too many programmers seem to display. People should be wanting
to use new technologies if available and appropriate. Of course the
current language is a candidate and may be the right choice, it just
shouldn't be assumed it is the only choice.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk