D vs Go in real life

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Nov 6 06:24:59 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 at 14:06:19 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 10:53 +0100, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> […]
>> I do know Scala, but my co-workers do not.
>>
>> When you work in large organizations, you are constrained to
>> what everyone knows.
>
> Or are willing to be trained in. The problem is not the status
> quo in
> the organization, the problem is the intransigent inability to
> learn
> that far too many programmers seem to display. People should be
> wanting
> to use new technologies if available and appropriate. Of course
> the
> current language is a candidate and may be the right choice, it
> just
> shouldn't be assumed it is the only choice.

It does not work on my field, because my employer does consulting
for Fortune 500 companies usually multi-site with off-shoring
component, where the technology stack is given by the customers
themselves.

So unless Scala,D, Go, ... are requested, they won't be used.

--
Paulo