D vs Go in real life

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 07:34:53 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 at 07:02:20 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Yikes. Sorting time in D is trivial. It would never occur to me
> that that would be hard.

I know, it's something I use. Something one probably expects to
Just Work. I thought for sure Go would have provided the needed
functions, but no they didn't.

While I was trying to find additional information I came across
this blog[1] which had such a fitting quote, "The sort package in
Go is pretty neat." Directly followed by "there are some specific
functions for sort some of the basic types."

When trying to write a blog which centers around the sort
packaging being *the* example of why Go's lack of generics sucks,
reading that the package is "neat" was not something I expected.

1. http://blog.jessta.id.au/2012/06/gos-sort-package.html