Parallel Rogue-like benchmark

logicchains jonathan.t.barnard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:13:13 PST 2013

Benchmark author here. I left the ldmd2 entry there to represent
the performance of the D implementation from the time of the
benchmark, to highlight that the current D implementation is much
newer than the others, and that there have been no attempts to
optimise the C and C++ versions similarly to how the latest D
version was optimised. If you feel it creates needless confusion
I can remove it, however, or put a note next to it stating the
above.

I'm currently working on an OpenGL benchmark, and if anybody
wants to improve the D implementation they're most welcome:
https://github.com/logicchains/ParticleBench/blob/master/D.d.
Currently it's just a straight port of the C version. Conciseness
will be measured by the compressed source file size this time,
rather than by the Github SLOC number. Note however that there
seems to be little scope for improving the speed, as waiting for
the GPU to render the scene is a significant bottleneck (for
reference, the unoptimised racket implementation currently runs
at around 50% of the speed of the -O3 C implementation, which
obviously wouldn't be possible for something more cpu-bound).