Maintain notes for D's successor? [Was: Re: Why the @ in @safe? & UDAs]

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 06:39:28 PST 2013

On Friday, 8 November 2013 at 14:12:04 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:

> See http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP24 (TLDR: The full proposal makes
> @properties behave like ordinary variables except that their
> address cannot be taken and there could be more
> postblit/destructor invocations in a given expression. There is
> a __traits to get the underlying getter/setter function symbols
> for properties.)

Oh, right, that one.  Whoops.  DIP23 was just the flashpoint for
the most recent braw^w discussion.  There were like four, but I
just grabbed the link for the one that "looked sorta right"
without rereading.  My bad. :V  The point is properties are a
furball and need to be fixed, so I'll keep making noise about it
from time to time.

-Wyatt