Maintain notes for D's successor? [Was: Re: Why the @ in @safe? & UDAs]

Wyatt wyatt.epp at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 06:49:17 PST 2013

On Friday, 8 November 2013 at 14:21:45 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> "Thread hijacking" achievement unlocked ;)

Now, now, I changed the title.  If this were a proper hijack, I'd
be trying to extract a ransom (like fixed AAs). ;)

> On topic of such wiki page - it is kind of nice to have but lot
> of potential entries are controversial and need some serious
> discussion (for example, I'd place optional parens there as
> damaging mistake but reasonable people will disagree :P) before
> being documented. It risks being biased to preferences of view
> editors or turn into edit wards :) I don't know what is a good
> way to do this without devoting too much efforts.

I don't think it needs to be that strict.  Optional parentheses
are something that there are mixed opinions on, so that should be
noted.  It may be better to think of it as "things to reconsider
in the next version"-- discuss later, once we have a lot more
time with the current stuff and it's actually TIME to hash out
the future.

"Not gospel" means it's okay for things like that to be in there.
  Heck, compare the vision for X12 with what Wayland [0] is
actually shaping up to be: they're...rather different. ;)  (I'm
aware that being "the next X11" wasn't Kristian's goal and it was
originally an experiment to be folded into X.org, but reality is
weird.)

-Wyatt

[0] http://wayland.freedesktop.org/architecture.html