dmd 2.065 - Agenda

Martin Nowak code at dawg.eu
Fri Nov 8 23:05:39 PST 2013

On Saturday, 9 November 2013 at 04:43:24 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
> runtime loading of shared libraries on OSX, so that it works as
> on linux
> I see b/10440 fixed in changelog, however does that mean it
> should work as
> safely as on linux? (both runtime and nonruntime libs)

I'm focusing on full linux support for now. Other platforms will
follow.
Anything that currently works (Windows DLLs) is fairly broken.

> Also, IIRC, I thought 2.064 introduced support for loading D
> shared libs
> safely from D, but see no mention of this in changelog?

We added the necessary low-level bits to support this, but quite
a lot is still missing.
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/617
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/658