D french-speaking community

Raphaël Jakse raphael.jakse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 23:43:21 PST 2013

Le 09/11/2013 08:21, John J a écrit :
> On 11/09/2013 01:40 AM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
>> I don't even know how to say 'template' in French.
>>

> Do they really need to translate keywords like 'template' into French,
> for that matter into any other language?

I've still not translated the chapter about template so I have not
decided anything yet.

My guideline is to translate everything (I hate speaking/reading about
computer science with people who use three English works by French
sentance) and give the English counterpart the first time to be able to
find help in the English world.

Also, using French words when speaking about computer science helps
speaking about computer science with people who are not into it, I'm
really attached to this.

The French translation for template is "modèle", I think I'll use this
one. I'm okay with also giving the English "template" in my translation,
but not use it (If somebody disagrees, I'm open to talk)

I had a really hard time translating "slice". I opted for "tranche".
That can sound weird but what "slice" really means, unless I am
mistaken. If somebody has a better translation, please suggest!
I'm absolutely not comfortable with "une slice" or "un slice". Some
French people will pronounce the "i"  "i", some other will pronounce it
"aïe". That's not neat and that will not ease the reading of the
translation.

Raphaël.