D french-speaking community

Raphaël Jakse raphael.jakse at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 23:50:29 PST 2013

Le 09/11/2013 07:43, Philippe Sigaud a écrit :

>     On Friday, November 08, 2013 20:16:44 Timothee Cour wrote:
>      > french as well (although living in US).
>      > A great start would be lobbying so that they teach D in French
>     Engineering
>      > schools ... instead of ocaml.
>

> Did they teach you ocaml? I had C, with maybe a dash of C++.

I've been taught OCaml (to introduce functional programming) and C at
the university. No C++, but ADA. Java is also taught.

>      > I'll probably stick mostly to US forums though to avoid splitting.
>

> Sure. And the discussions are too interesting here :-)

I think it would be great to have a French speaking topic on Digital
Mars' newgroups with a web version. I don't really like Web forum, I
don't find them easy to use and to follow, but a Web version is
necessary for people who are not used to newsgroups. French people who
speak English would be able to read French as well as English newsgroups.