D french-speaking community

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Sat Nov 9 02:32:48 PST 2013

Am 09.11.2013 08:50, schrieb Raphaël Jakse:
> Le 09/11/2013 07:43, Philippe Sigaud a écrit :
>>

>>     On Friday, November 08, 2013 20:16:44 Timothee Cour wrote:
>>      > french as well (although living in US).
>>      > A great start would be lobbying so that they teach D in French
>>     Engineering
>>      > schools ... instead of ocaml.
>>

>> Did they teach you ocaml? I had C, with maybe a dash of C++.
>
> I've been taught OCaml (to introduce functional programming) and C at
> the university. No C++, but ADA. Java is also taught.

Actually I find very positive that people get introduced to ML family of
languages.

It is a nice way to learn functional programming.

My university had a strong focus in ML (Caml Light back then) and Prolog
as well, so I have beed brain damaged since mid 90's always looking
forward to using those concepts in the industry. :)

--
Paulo