D french-speaking community

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 09:59:42 PST 2013

On 11/09/2013 03:06 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

 > Many of the words used in computer science have a meaning
 > outside computer science which existed long before, i.e.
 > stream, thread and so on. When I'm referring to the concept
 > from computer science I'm using the English word and when I
 > refer to the word out side of the computer world I'm using the
 > Swedish word.

The funny thing is, the English words like "slice" and "stream" make
more sense in Swedish in a technical context because they are detached
from their actual meanings. That is not the case for most English
speakers because they can't help but think of a slice of bread, pizza,
cake, etc., at least initially. :)

Ali