D french-speaking community

SomeDude lovelydear at mailmetrash.com
Sat Nov 9 12:08:02 PST 2013

On Saturday, 9 November 2013 at 10:47:45 UTC, Raphaël Jakse wrote:

> For templates, the English word is so widespread and "Modèle"
> (maybe also "template") is such an abstract word that putting
> the English word in the title seems necessary and useful and
> that could ease comprehension and searches in the tutorial :-)

And modèle isn't even a widely accepted translation. I have seen
the word patron in books. That one is even less agreed upon than
modèle, and my french C++ programmers commonly use template.

Another option is to use the adjective générique. But you then
need to join it to a name, like classe, or méthode, or fonction.