Review of std.signal

Robert jfanatiker at gmx.at
Sat Nov 9 14:50:30 PST 2013

> Just take the same arguments as the "signal" function,
> something like:
>
> template signal (string name, string protection, Args...)
> {
>     mixin(signalImpl!(Args)(name, protection));
> }

Nice. But you trade it for protection having a default value,
making the syntax more verbose in the general case.

> If that works, why do you have the option to specify the
> protection at all?

So you can have a different protection for the full signal
implementation and for the restricted part.

> BWT, shouldn't that assert be static?

Well the function is executed at compile time, but protection is
still a "runtime" argument (so to speak) so I guess the answer is
no.

Best regards,

Robert