DIP 50 - AST macros

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 02:51:23 PST 2013

On Monday, 11 November 2013 at 10:47:37 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-11-11 11:28, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>
>> I can understand wanting to have a high level version of it in
>> context.
>> I'm just considering a high reuse language feature that could
>> back it.
>> Really it should have been added a while ago given the static
>> assert
>> trick is used a bit.
>> I do actually like the idea of having the ability to call it
>> on context
>> with a bunch of extra information given to it for you. e.g.
>> line number
>> of initiation ext.
>
> I think we want to have as much as possible of this collected
> in the same place. I don't think pragmas are a good fit for
> this.

Yes I do agree with that. I'm just more worried about what backs
it then pleasantries that we can give the developer.
Also if you're not looking towards pragma's to hook into stopping
compilation what are your ideas and thoughts around this issue?
Because at this point I only know of static assert to do it.