DIP 50 - AST macros

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 03:04:43 PST 2013

On Monday, 11 November 2013 at 10:59:28 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> A function call on the context parameter as I've already
> showed. This would just call "error" which is already
> implemented in the compiler. Although I don't know how to
> actually do the connection between the compiler internals the
> user code. I think this is one of the big challenges with this
> DIP. For this function I guess it could be done like an
> intrinsic (is that the correct word?).

Ok pragmas essentially call functions like error in the compiler
[0].
What I am thinking error will do is instead of outputting like
msg it'll call error[1]. This is exactly what you want.

[0]
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/src/statement.c#L2862
[1]
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/blob/master/src/statement.c#L2957