DIP 50 - AST macros

Chris Cain clcain at uncg.edu
Mon Nov 11 04:24:25 PST 2013

On Monday, 11 November 2013 at 12:13:54 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
> Wow, some topics really explode recently. Is the D user base
> growing or are AST macros drawing so much attention?

I'd like to say both. AST macros are one of those few things that
I wouldn't mind seeing breaking changes for and I'm in the camp
of "avoid breaking changes at all cost". AST macros are to code
what templates are to data. Despite it being possible to go
without templates, I'm not at all tempted to switch to Go.