DIP 50 - AST macros

Rikki Cattermole alphaglosined at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 05:36:59 PST 2013

On Monday, 11 November 2013 at 13:22:34 UTC, dennis luehring
wrote:
> example: to help the compiler forming better error messages -
> or maybe recover from deep macro expansion etc...)
>
> what you want is just #pragma(error,...) -> break compiliation
> now
> Jacob is talking about the feedback for the compiler thing...

Jacob mentioned originally he wanted to create a compiler error.
Or at least thats is how I took it. Hence pragma(error, "text");
We can already message out at both compile and runtime its simply
does the compiler recognise it as an error part.