DIP 50 - AST macros

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Nov 11 06:10:31 PST 2013

On 2013-11-11 14:40, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

> I'm not doing one for warnings. See how the error one goes. The warning
> one won't stop compilation and pragma msg can be used to fake it.

Yes, but I want warnings to be available in the context parameter as
well. That's what I've been talking about all along. It's not just
errors, it's all of the stuff that can be added.

Warnings can be turned off, pragma(msg) cannot (at least not as far as I
know).

> Personally I think it was already needed even without macros. Just this
> has started me off on actually looking into it. We'll see what the
> compiler devs think though.

I see. I'm not saying that we don't need it.

--
/Jacob Carlborg