Thoughts about D package management on Gentoo

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Mon Nov 11 07:59:00 PST 2013

Am Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:48:37 +0100
schrieb "Wyatt" <wyatt.epp at gmail.com>:

> As far as eselect goes, I would use that only for fixing up the
> environment and the paths in sc.ini (and the primary compiler
> symlink, if you choose to go that route). I'm not familiar with
> the guts of it, but from what I've been told, an eselect module
> for gcc has been tried several times, but has always met
> unfortunate circumstances.
>
> -Wyatt

Currently there is no environment to fix :). And that dmd.conf
file is now /etc/dlang/dmd2.064.conf.
It contains DFLAGS for 32-bit and 64-bit as well as version
specific include and library directories, making
--no-warn-search-mismatch obsolete in the general case.
The eselect only makes dmd, ldc, ldc2 and the man pages
available as symlinks for now. (Adapted from the Python
eselect module)

--
Marco