BSD Config

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Mon Nov 11 08:15:44 PST 2013

On Sunday, 10 November 2013 at 16:49:18 UTC, Tyro[17] wrote:
> This happened on OpenBSD, FreeBSD and DragonFlyBSD. I am
> running the 64bit version of all these operating systems. Which
> actually might be the problem now that I think about it. Does
> DMD even support the 64bit version  of Free/OpenBSD?

Oh, I should mention also, that there isn't general BSD support
in D.  Try grepping for freebsd in the source.  I just tried it
on the source in the 2.063.2 zip file and I got 510 hits for
freebsd, 181 hits for openbsd, and 2 hits for dragonfly.  By
comparison, I got 685 hits for linux.  That should give you a
crude but reasonable idea of how well-supported each OS is.  As
for 64-bit, I believe it should work on FreeBSD, but likely isn't
well-tested.