DIP 50 - AST macros

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 20:50:41 PST 2013

On Tuesday, 12 November 2013 at 02:37:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 11/10/13 11:46 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> On 2013-11-11 02:46, bearophile wrote:
>>
>>> It's also useful to take a look at what F# is doing:
>>> http://tomasp.net/blog/2013/computation-zoo-padl/index.html
>>
>> I'll do that. I've been looking at several languages, mainly
>> Scala. But
>> I have not looked at F#.
>
> There is significant regret about the way macros are defined in
> Scala. Probably not an example to follow.

Do you have some article/documentation on that ?

BTW, scala implemented macros as a plugin called macro paradise,
which allowed people to play with it without crippling the core
language. We should probably introduce new features that way.