D parsing

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Nov 12 00:02:08 PST 2013

On 2013-11-12 08:52, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Fine, although a sense of futility is hard to shake seeing as we won't
> replace those existing features. I think a much stronger point would be
> made if the power of the feature were demonstrated on problems not
> accessible with the existing ones.

You just said we shouldn't replace existing features.

"The point here is that there is
significant difficulty to remove features that already exist"

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/bwsofbnigfbrxwouiobj@forum.dlang.org?page=9#post-l5s44b:242c36:241:40digitalmars.com

> About DIP 50: I will say "no" but please do not take it personally. It's
> great there is discussion about this, and I encourage it, but at this
> time I think we should make no plans to add macros to D.

I don't think we should add macros now either. This proposal is far from
ready. If Martin hadn't suggested I should create a DIP, I wouldn't
have, at least now at this time.

BTW, just saying "no" doesn't help a bit. You could just have said
"foo". That's extremely annoying. You're shooting down very many
suggestions/proposal/ideas with just a "no", or the more elaborated
answer "no, never going to happen".

On the other hand when you have a proposal it should be consider
pre-approved and is a more of a FYI.

--
/Jacob Carlborg