DIP 50 - AST macros

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Nov 12 08:39:17 PST 2013

On 11/12/13 7:21 AM, Ellery Newcomer wrote:
> the .NET framework can do this because it exposes an api for querying,
> building, and compiling asts.
>
> D cannot do this because it doesn't. (and I have tried to make it work)

Maybe the problem needs to be reformulated for D. I think an SQL mixin
that either stays unchanged (for DB engines) or translates to a D
expression (for native D data types) would be doable, nontrivial,
interesting, and instantly usable for people who already know SQL
without any extra learning. In other words... actually better than Linq.

Andrei