DIP 50 - AST macros

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed Nov 13 00:21:43 PST 2013

On 2013-11-12 15:38, John Colvin wrote:

> for those of us entirely unfamiliar with linq, what is this supposed to
> do? Select people with name "John" from a collection of people, like in
> sql? It seems trivial to do this using filter, or am I missing
> something...?

The idea of that example is, as Dicebot said, to convert the AST of the
lambda to a string containing SQL code then query the database and
return the result. The interesting part here, in the context of macros,
is to convert the lambda to an SQL string.

The filter is not applied on the result, it's converted to SQL and
performed in the database.

--
/Jacob Carlborg