What’s Wrong with OOP and FP

logicchains jonathan.t.barnard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 00:39:04 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 07:55:59 UTC, Froglegs wrote:
>  Go is a boring language, kind of like Dart, I guess Google
> just sucks at language design? The do use an awful lot of Java,
> perhaps it has caused irreparable damage

If you were working in an Enterprise (TM) with coworkers who were
potentially competence-challenged, would you want them having
access to the power of D's compile time code generation? Would
you like to read and debug code that randomly intermingled D's
different function call methods; having to determine whether
foo.bar represents calling the bar method of foo, calling the
function bar with foo as an argument, or accessing the field bar
on object foo?