Shall I use std.json at my own risks ?

growler growlercab at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 00:55:58 PST 2013

On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 05:26:54 UTC, jean christophe
wrote:

> Hello
>
> would you guys say that std.json is a good or bad choice dor a
> desktop application ? I've read many threads about it on the
> forum and finally I don't realy know what to do Oo`
>
> I need my Gtkd application to maintain a (possibly big) archive
> database of financial records downloaded daily from the server
> application. In my case JSON seems to be the most convenient
> format. Please let me know if, according to you, std.json will
> cast aside as std.xml.
>
> Thenks.
>
> PS: As I'm new to the forum, I'd like to thank the D core
> community for such a GREAT language. I shall admit that it was
> difficult to abandon Emacs :s Anyway I've not been so
> positively impressed by a new language since Java 0.

I was using std.json exclusively for serialisation of D classes,
SQL tables into D structs and D structs into GtkD (GUI) trees.

It was fine and fast enough for my needs.

I have now switched to vibe.d Json and removed the dependencies
it had. From memory it only depends on isRWPlaneField and
isRWField in vibed/src/data/utils.d, I just ripped these out and
stuck them in the json.d file.

Vibe's Json has a nicer interface and better type checking.