DIP 50 - AST macros

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:14:50 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 00:16:45 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> I do understand that expression templates aren't very sexy, and
> are kinda hard to wrap one's head around. But they're not so
> bad from the perspective of the user of the expression
> templates, and I really think that the limits of existing
> features should be explored before inventing wholesale new ones
> that may turn out to be redundant.

My very first project in D involved quite a lot of them. So I
very aware of what they are.

The whole idea is to be able to extends that to statement and
declarations. Making what expression templates can do is simply a
side effect so to speak.