Build Master: Scheduling

tn no at email.com
Thu Nov 14 00:18:03 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 00:37:38 UTC, Tyro[17] wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have accepted the responsibility of preparing the builds for
> DMD and would like to engage in conversation about the way
> ahead.
>
> The first concern I have is about the build cycle.

> Your thoughts and concerns please.

What is wrong with the process that is described in the wiki (and
that I thought you already agreed on)? See

http://wiki.dlang.org/Development_and_Release_Process

and specifically

http://wiki.dlang.org/Development_and_Release_Process#Release_Schedule

There the release interval is described to be approximately 2
months (which in my opinion is more reasonable in the current
state of language developement).