Build Master: Scheduling

qznc qznc at web.de
Thu Nov 14 01:18:08 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 08:03:40 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2013-11-14 01:37, Tyro[17] wrote:
>
>> Your thoughts and concerns please.
>
> I like that you're doing this. But as others have said, I think
> the release schedule is too long. Iain has already been
> complaining several times that the releases is taking too long
> time. It gets hard them to merge the changes to GDC. I guess
> LDC has similar problems.

I assume there still is the possibility of bug-fix-releases
between the major releases?

The 6 month cycle for *major* releases, means 6 months until a
release which might break your code. Less for minor bug fix
releases.

The Linux kernel has an 8 week cycle, but they aim for
forever-backwards-compatible.