Build Master: Scheduling

qznc qznc at web.de
Thu Nov 14 01:31:24 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 08:39:36 UTC, luka8088 wrote:
> Also vote up for daily snapshots.

Ack.

Ultimately, I could envision a mostly automated release
management:

1. Nightly builds aka alpha versions (auto)
2. Nightly builds which pass testsuite = beta versions (auto)
3. Declare major releases (manually)

The concept of release candidates is merely a social concept in
my view. They are basically used to start a discussion for
consensus and get manual processes like Release Notes rolling.
This means there is a manual step between 2 and 3, which consists
of "declare beta version 42 = release candidate 2".