DIP 45 - approval discussion

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Thu Nov 14 05:31:35 PST 2013

Am 14.11.2013 11:28, schrieb Walter Bright:

> This of course means that functions may wind up going through the
> dllimport indirection even for calling functions in the same dll, but it
> should work.

Also our suggested approach would not have this downside.

Think about phobos. All of phobos and druntime will be littered with
export attributes. Do you really want all phobos and druntime from
within the same dll to go through dll indirections? And what would
happen when building phobos as static library? With your suggested
behavior (export=dllimport if not specified otherwise) this would mean
that even the phobos static library would have those indirections.

--
Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut