DIP 50 - AST macros

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 11:22:06 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 17:55:57 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 11/14/2013 9:08 AM, Meta wrote:
>> What kind of macro systems are you talking about? C-like
>> macros? Assembly
>> macros? Lisp-like macros? It seems that Jacob's proposed
>> system is similar to
>> none of these.
>
> See my first comment in this thread - it's an ancestor to this
> one.

I'm using the website forum, so I see posts in a continuous
format, not a threaded view.

Anyway, it seems like assembly macros are actually quite similar
to Lisp macros. Again, it seems like what Jacob proposes is not
really much like Lisp macros, nor C macros.