Build Master: Scheduling

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Nov 14 17:10:34 PST 2013

On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 20:30:40 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 20:27:23 UTC, Rob T wrote:
>> Bug fixes should be as frequent as possible. To understand
>> why, just try and find a good reason to artificially hold back
>> a bug fix.
>
> Code breakage. DMD has good amount of accepts-invalid bugs.

Code that is invalid but compiles is already broken by
definition. These are potentially silent bugs in the code base,
which are never good for anyone. I'd rather know about
accepted-invalid code sooner in a development environment than
later in an production environment.

Furthermore, holding back on fixing accepts-invalid will allow
more invalid code to sneak into the ever expanding code base,
making the problem worse over time.

--rt