Ehem, ARM

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Nov 14 23:33:40 PST 2013

On 2013-11-15 02:50, Michel Fortin wrote:

> Still no modern runtime support I'd guess? With support only for the
> legacy runtime you're stuck compiling for 32-bit OS X only; 32-bit iOS
> uses the modern runtime.

Right, I forgot about that. I haven't done a single thing on this since
the last time I announced it.

> And since the DMD backend won't emit ARM code, if I were still working
> on this the first thing I'd do is rebase everything to work on top of LDC.

I think that would be quite difficult. Although it would probably be
easier to get 64bit and modern runtime support. An advantage of doing it
in DMD (except that it's already in DMD) is that it's probably a bigger
chance of it being officially added to D and not just an extension to
LDD. If it's added to DMD it will automatically be merged by both LDC
and GDC.

Another idea would be to add it to DMD with the current platform
support. Then when it's merged with LDC, let them add support for ARM,
64bit and modern runtime.

BTW, do you automatically scan the newsgroups for
"http://michelf.ca/projects/d-objc/" :)

--
/Jacob Carlborg