Build Master: Scheduling

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Nov 14 23:50:27 PST 2013

On 2013-11-15 00:36, Nick wrote:
> I have no idea what everyone is getting worked up about. My
> understanding of the plan is that there are biannual major releases,
> with bug fix releases in-between, for those people/companies who need
> stability/dependability.
>
> In addition to that we have monthly 'beta' releases for those who want
> the latest and greatest but know that a few things may get changed
> around between the releases that break code and that there are likely to
> be more bugs.
>
> So all the passionate D devs here get their monthly releases, and the
> people who want maximum stability get a biannual, LTS release along with
> some bug fix releases.

The opposite of an LTS release is _not_ a beta release. It's a regular
release. It seems it would be better if the beta release were regular
releases and the releases were LTS releases.

I'm having a hard time requiring my users to use anything that is not a
release (that is, a beta).

--
/Jacob Carlborg