Ehem, ARM

Joakim joakim at airpost.net
Fri Nov 15 00:24:53 PST 2013

On Friday, 15 November 2013 at 07:22:07 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> On Friday, 15 November 2013 at 06:18:00 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> As Kai says, has anyone worked on getting D running on Android
>> before?  I've been thinking about attempting an Android port
>> for years.  I thought I'd spin up some x86 VMs this weekend
>> and take a crack at getting D working on Android/x86
>> (http://www.android-x86.org/) as a first step.  If anyone has
>> started on this already, I could chip in on their branch.
>
> Yes, have a look at an initial port of GDC to Android
>
> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/wiki/GDC%20on%20Android

Thanks for the link.  It looks like Johannes Pfau took a stab at
getting some minimal Android support into gdc a couple years
back, with the handful of small patches listed here:

https://bitbucket.org/jpf/gdc/branch/android

Anyone get any farther than that?

Would it make sense to use dmd for linux/x86 to cross-compile to
Android/x86 or is this a job for ldc/gdc only?