DIP 45 - approval discussion

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri Nov 15 09:41:03 PST 2013

On 15.11.2013 18:18, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
> Am 15/11/2013 18:04, schrieb Rainer Schuetze:
>>

>> I don't follow. What does this have to do with template instances?
>> I was referring to your example where you wanted to export just one
>> symbol from a template class.
>>

> Then I misunderstood your use of the word "declaration". With
> declarations you did mean template declarations only?

I actually meant declaration inside template definitions as in your example:

class WeakReferenced(T)
{
   export __gshared WeakReferenced!T[] m_weakTable;
}

The proposal was that

export alias WeakReferenced!int exported_weak_int_array;

would only export the symbol for m_weakTable, not any other class
symbols like the class info.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, I'm just exploring possibilities here.