Worst-case performance of quickSort / getPivot

Ivan Kazmenko gassa at mail.ru
Sat Nov 16 03:29:09 PST 2013

On Friday, 15 November 2013 at 21:46:26 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> I've been investigating an instance that I ran into while
> processing some data, in which multiSort had apparently stalled
> whereas two successive sort calls processed the data quickly.
> After reducing the code and 20 million points, I've reduced the
> problem to this test case:

I've been hit by this case too, half a year ago.  See the
relevant discussion on D.learn:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/drpbkvhlprkdjzhbcqjn@forum.dlang.org

The fact that the issue is raised once again perhaps means it is
worth a bugreport.  What do you guys think?

Ivan Kazmenko.